VACCO Industries specializes in metal component manufacturing from various metals including Titanium. A customer in the precision laboratory equipment industry recently approached us for a photo chemical etched micro spring. For this project, VACCO successfully etched commercial pure Titanium with fine features into a multi-layer precision bonded flexure.
The component shown below was fabricated using combined processes, including photo chemical etching of multiple layers and diffusion bonding followed by micro laser welding. We designed and developed the micro springs to meet high industry standards and exceed the customer’s expectations. The finished part measured 0.490” long x 0.490” wide, maintaining finished stacked tolerances of ± 0.002”. VACCO’s eight-week turnaround time was maintained by our up-to-date manufacturing equipment.
Further details on this project are listed below. To learn more about this or any of our other manufacturing capabilities, please contact us.
PHOTO CHEMICAL ETCHED TITANIUM PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
- Product Name
- Micro Spring
- Product Description
- This micro spring is used within Precision Laboratory Equipment.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
Photo Chemical Etching
Micro Laser Welding
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 4 Axis Micro YAG Laser
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 0.49”
Screen Thickness: 0.043”
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.002”
- Material Used
- CP Titanium (Commercially Pure Titanium)
- In-process testing/inspection performed
- In-process Data Collection per our SPC Quality Procedures for IQS (part of our Six Sigma culture)
- Industry for Use
- Precision Laboratory Equipment
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 8 weeks
- Delivery Location
- West Coast
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing